Are you in a position for a baked oatmeal recipe that tastes like dessert? Sure? K, just right.
A few years again I knew I sought after to infuse a scrumptious baked oatmeal with chocolate and let me let you know, this chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal exams all the containers. This improbable baked oatmeal recipe is stuffed with wealthy darkish chocolate taste, swirls of creamy peanut butter, and herbal sweetness from ripe banana. It’s like your favourite banana bread and a chocolate peanut butter brownie had a child and WOW the combination is improbable.
Now not most effective is that this baked oatmeal recipe scrumptious nevertheless it additionally packs 14g of protein, 7g of fiber and a variety of wholesome fat to nourish your morning and depart you feeling glad. It’s the very best meal prep breakfast for the week that’s additionally freezer-friendly — AKA the very best excuse to make a double batch and revel in every time existence will get busy.
Don’t disregard the chocolate chips as a result of chocolate = love. Experience!
Components on this chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal
This scrumptious and wholesome chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal is made with tremendous easy components that you simply most probably have already got readily available. You’ll want:
- Banana: for the very best quantity of moisture and herbal sweetness. Take into accout to make use of very ripe bananas!
- Peanut butter: hi, creamy peanut butter taste in each chew. Be at liberty to make use of crunchy or creamy, and ensure it’s the herbal sort comprised of simply peanuts and salt. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off my favourite emblem, Wild Buddies!
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal.
- Maple syrup: we’re additionally including some natural maple syrup to naturally sweeten the baked oatmeal.
- Milk: I really like to make use of unsweetened vanilla almond milk or oat milk, however you’ll be able to use any milk you’d like.
- Oats: old school rolled oats are what make this a baked oatmeal! Be at liberty to make use of gluten loose rolled oats.
- Cocoa powder: this baked oatmeal will get wealthy chocolate taste from unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some vanilla extract, baking powder and salt. Discover ways to make your individual vanilla right here!
Substitutions & FAQs
As at all times, I’d counsel sticking to the recipe as written the most productive that you’ll be able to in order that your chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal seems highest! Listed below are substitutions that I do and don’t counsel:
- Metal lower oats: I might no longer counsel the use of metal lower oats on this baked oatmeal recipe as the feel shall be a lot other.
- Fast oats: I feel fast oats would paintings ok, you might want to use a bit of greater than the recipe requires.
- Different nut butters: different herbal seed & nut butters like almond, cashew, and sunflower seed butter must paintings high quality, however I extremely counsel sticking with the peanut butter for the most productive taste!
The best way to make chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal cups
Sure, you’ll be able to simply flip this protein-packed chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal bake into cups or truffles! This can be a nice on-the-go possibility for busy weeks.
- Prep your pan. Upload muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to forestall sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — you must get round 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 mins till the oatmeal cups are set and revel in!
Can I make it vegan?
I haven’t examined this baked oatmeal the use of two flax eggs however I feel it must paintings! Discover ways to make flax eggs right here, then make sure to additionally use dairy loose chocolate chips.
Ensure the chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal bake has cooled utterly, after which quilt the pan with tinfoil prior to shifting it to the fridge. It is going to keep just right lined within the fridge for 4-5 days. You’ll be able to additionally retailer person slices in hermetic packing containers for ease, and easily reheat person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer-friendly chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the baked oatmeal has utterly cooled, lower it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You’ll be able to additionally freeze all the baked oatmeal for later through wrapping it neatly and hanging it within the freezer.
- To reheat: whilst you’re in a position to devour it, position an unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave secure dish and microwave it at 30 2nd durations for 1-2 mins. To reheat all the baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 mins at 350 levels F whilst it’s lined with tinfoil.
Extra oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Get all of my oatmeal recipes right here!
I am hoping you’re keen on this chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal recipe! If you are making it make sure to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you really liked it. Experience, xo!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
Scrumptious double chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal naturally sweetened with ripe banana, natural maple syrup, and naturally, your fav chocolate chips! This chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal recipe is full of protein, fiber and wholesome fat for a nutritious breakfast you can make over and over.
- For the baked oatmeal:
- 1 heaping cup of ripe mashed banana (from 2 medium/huge additional ripe bananas)
- ½ cup creamy or crunchy herbal peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup natural maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or oat milk (or milk of selection)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old school rolled oats, gluten loose if desired
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy loose, if desired)
- For the topping:
- 6 teaspoons herbal peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons darkish chocolate chips for sprinkling on best (dairy loose, if desired)
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on best
- Non-compulsory for serving:
- Recent berries
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a big bowl, upload 1 cup of mashed banana, peanut butter, eggs, maple syrup, milk of selection and vanilla extract. Whisk till neatly mixed.
Upload the dry components to the rainy components: oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Combine till neatly integrated. Stir within the chocolate chips.
Pour into the ready baking dish and unfold out frivolously. Dollop with teaspoonfuls of peanut butter on best, then use a knife to swirl, on the subject of 3-4 occasions. Don’t pass overboard with the swirling or the oatmeal received’t glance lovely. In any case best the oatmeal with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
Bake for 25-Half-hour or till the oatmeal is ready within the center. Take away and make allowance to chill for 10 mins prior to sprinkling with somewhat sea salt and serving. I like serving this heat in a bowl with somewhat milk or with raspberries on best, however you do you!
To make dairy loose: bear in mind to make use of your favourite dairy loose chocolate chips.
See the whole publish for simple tactics to customise this baked oatmeal, plus storing & freezing directions.
Serving: 1slice (according to 6)Energy: 436calCarbohydrates: 50.5gProtein: 14.2gFats: 23.4gSaturated Fats: 6.6gFiber: 7.4gSugar: 23.6g
Recipe through: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures through: Devour Love Eats
This publish used to be initially printed on July eleventh, 2022, and republished on February seventh, 2024.